AAC joint mortar
- fulfils the mortar requirement for subsequent thin plastering
- weatherproof,strong friction bo
Dry-mixed High Water Retentive Masonry Mortar for Aerated Concrete Blocks
-Shunan Thin-bed mortar for foam concrete blocks in accordance with JC 890-2001
For bonding high-precision units and high-precision elements made of aerated concrete.
JOINT MORTAR is an adhesive mortar for quick and secure laying of aerated lightweight concrete blocks and panels. For thin-bed laying with increased productivity and resistance against water penetration. It is specially formulated to give good workability, adhesion and water retentivity to facilitate optimum strength development.
A high quality cementitious adhesive specifically formulated for installation of AAC products such as blocks, panels and lintels. Backed by extensive testing and historical performance, the use of the adhesive ensures optimum compatibility and performance of the completed installation including strength and fire rating, SA mortar can be applied for interior and exterior use on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
1) Weatherproof, and resistant to frost after hardening
2) Strong friction bond due to the adjustment of the water retention properties to suit the absorbency characteristics of the aerated concrete
3) NO rapid loss of water, or loss of water to the subsurface
4) Easy correction of brick position after the brick has been laid
5) Good workability
6) Fulfills the mortar requirements for subsequent thin plastering
Types for application:
1) Special dry mortar for bonding extremely absorbent aerated-concrete high-precision units and elements
2) For thin mortar joints, 1 to 3 mm thick
3) For application using a mortar sledge or thin-bed roller.
Mortar class in accordance with
JC890-2001: Mortar group
Accordance with JC890 2001:
Compressive strength: > 10 N/mm2
Grain size: 0 - 0.5mm
Processing/working time: Approx. 3 hours at 20°C
Processing temperature: > + 5 °C. and < + 50°C
Water required: Approx. 5.75 l to every 25 kg
Quantities required: Approx. 7 kg/m2
Storage: Store appropriately in dry conditions
Packaging: 25-kg sack
1) Add the 40kg of dry mortar contained in the sack to approximately 10 liters water and mix, either by hand or using a mixer, to a smooth workable paste. The correct consistency has been achieved if the mortar stands in a stable ridges when scored with a notched trowel. After allowing the adhesive to rest for approximately 5 minutes, mix the mortar again briefly. Apply the mortar without adding any further ingredients.
2) The first layer of high precision units must be laid horizontally and flush in the mortar bed. Before laying and bonding the second layer of units, level off any uneven areas. Clean any dust from the surfaces of the units.the adhesive should be applied for no more than 2 or 3 high precision unit lengths at a time. Apply by hand or using a mortar sledge to comb the mortar into place in a layer approximately 1 to 3 mm thick. Put the high precision units into place from above, wherever possible, and tap into position using a rubber hammer. Avoid pushing the units along longitudinally.
3) The fresh masonry work must be protected from unfavourable weather conditions such as very high and very low temperatures, frost, draughts, direct sunlight and driving rain (by covering with a plastic sheet, for example). Do not carry out works at air and masonry temperature below +5°C.
1. Can be used to the decorative face brick in the cold area and plant,used as brick gas.wall brick adhesive uses high quality concrete as raw material, its a kind of high class adhesive material improved by science method, all kinds of property indexes accord with JC890-2001 standard
2. This product has high adhesive strength, fitting for stick all kinds of inorganic decorative face materials, also can used as filler